The Review of the Pre‑Raphaelite Society, Volumes XXII–present
First issued in the Spring of 1993, The Review has appeared three times a year (except in 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2008), when special issues on Burne-Jones, Ruskin, Millais and the Pre‑Raphaeilte Brotherhood each represented two numbers.
An annotated list of the main contents of each issue follows. Many of the issues are available for sale. Please contact us for an order form.
Information for Contributors to The Review:
Contributions to The Review on all subjects relating to the Pre‑Raphaelite Brotherhood and their successors are welcomed and encouraged. Please read the Contributors’ Guidelines.
Sending Books for Review
If you have a book on or related to the Pre‑Raphaelite Brotherhood, please feel free to contact our PRS Book Review Editor, Katja Robinson, by email or by post:
Katja RobinsonPRS Book Review Editor
Art and Architecture Library,
University of Edinburgh,
Minto House 20-22 Chambers Street,
We’re happy to receive anything you would like to send us for review, though we can’t promise to review everything.
Vol. XXII, No. 1, Spring 2014
- “Edward Burne-Jones: The Reverse of Manliness” by Elizabeth Hill.
- “Two interesting illustrations by Millais for Tennyson’s St Agnes’ Eve” by Simon Cooke.
- “Maude Reading in Bed: Experiments in Whistler’s Art” by Jennifer Bates Ehlert.
- “Keeping the Pre-Raphaelite spirit alive: Laurence Housman and the art of bookmaking” by Audrey Doussot.
- Poetry Competition winners.
- Painting Competition winners.
- “Book Review The Pre-Raphaelite Trail in Dorset by Peter Wise” by Kirsty Stonell Walker.
- “Book Review A Marriage of Inconvenience by Robert Brownell” by Merryn Williams.
- “Exhibition Reviews: The Pre-Raphaelites and the Middlemores & Character, Landscape & Emotion: the continuing influence of the Pre-Raphaelites” by Ian Macsporran.
- “Theatre Review: Lizzie Siddal by Jeremy Green” by Madeleine Pearce.
- Meeting Reports.
- Notes and Queries.