'Review' Spring 2018 Book
The PRS Review (Book) - Volume XXVI, Number 1, Spring 2018 [30th Year Anniversary]
This is a physical copy of the PRS Review
- Sally-Anne Huxtable – Editorial
- John Pickard Essay Prize 2017 Winners – First Prize: ‘It is clear I am a heretic’: Edward Burne-Jones, Theology, and Artistic ‘Heresy’ by Katherine Hinzman.
- Second Prize: Pomegranates in Autumn: Ruminations on Rossetti’s Final Proserpineby Melissa L. Gustin.
- Third Prize: The drawings behind Pre-Raphaelite love and death by David Billingsley.
- Pre-Raphaelite Society Poetry Prize 2017 Winners –
- First Prize: ‘Bird of God’ by Susan Castillo.
- Second Prize: ‘Bells and Marigolds’ by Amanda Oosthuizen.
- Third Prize: ‘Two Faces of a Daughter’ by Frances Sackett.
- Vice President’s Commendation: ‘The poet on a pony’ by Eithne Cullen.
- Poet in Residence’s Commendation: ‘The Seeds and Fruits of English Poetry’ by Wendy Holborow.
- Sarah Doyle, poem: Threads.
- “Exhibition & Book Review: May Morris by Jenny Lister, Jan Marsh, Anna Mason, Rowan Bain, Hanne Faurby” by Nic Peeters.
- “Exhibition and Catalogue Review: Reflections: Van Eyck and the Pre-Raphaelites by Alison Smith with Caroline Burgler, Susan Foister and Anna Koopstra” by Mark Jones.
- “Exhibition and Book Review: Mystical Symbolism: the Salon de la Rose+Croix in Paris 1892-1897 by Vivien Greene with essays by Jean-David Jumeau-Lafond and Kenneth E Silver” by Simon Poë.
- “Exhibition Catalogue Review: Frederic William Burton: For the Love of Art by Marie Bourke (ed.)” by Amelia Yeates.
- “Book Review: John Ruskin’s Continental Tour 1835: The Written Record and Drawings Keith Hanley and Caroline S. Hull (eds)” by Lisa Dallape Matson.
- Notes and Queries.